Sunday, December 13, 2009

Egypt 3

Above is a picture of 16 pillars from Luxor Temple which is a large ancient Egyptian temple complex located on the east bank of the Nile River in Luxor. It was built in 1400 BCE. Known as the "southern sanctuary", the temple was dedicated to the Theban Triad of Amun, Mut, and Chons and was built during the New Kingdom.
Above is a picture of me with my statue friend at Luxor Temple.

At night, I am trying to recreate an ancient Egyptian pose.


I am on the top deck of our cruise boat. In the background people are sailing the Nile on sailboats. The Nile is one long river, but it is also one dirty river!



Above is a picture of our boat going through the Esna lock. It isn't nearly impressive as some other locks (Panama Canal), but it is the first lock I have ever been through and it was necessary for us to go through in order for us to go north on the Nile to Luxor.




No comments: